Appropriate for Grades: 5 up
Produce a radio show using MP3 files taken from downloaded royalty free music. Add in voiceovers to lead from one song to another or add local news and advertising.
- Open Windows Media Player.
- Download royalty free music from sites such as MySpace.com.
- Write a series of radio voiceovers, advertisements or news on
- paper or using a word processor.
- These should be worded so that they fit between certain tracks.
- Open a recording program such as Audacity (freeware).
- Plug in a microphone.
- Record the series of radio voiceovers, advertisements or news.
- Save each as an MP3
- Import these MP3s into media player
- Intersperse them between the songs so that the play list sounds
- like a radio show.
- Save the play list as “radio show”.
- Output the list back to an MP3 player to share or burn to
- Please consider the copywrite implications of this project and
- take the time to use music respectfully.
- Software: media player, Audacity, word processor
- Paper / Printer
- CDROM burner , blank CDs
- MP3 player
Further ideas and comments