Appropriate for Grades: 3 Up
Use a drawing program and GIF animator to animate a famous painting. It might be a portrait whose eyes move or a bike rider whose legs move.
- Open an Internet browser .
- Navigate to a site with royalty free photographs of famous
- Choose a famous painting such as the Mona Lisa and save the
- image to the local computer.
- Open the image with a drawing program.
- Redraw the eyes, mouth or changes you wish to apply and save
- as “mona1”.
- Make another small change and save as “mona2”.
- Repeat the process until you have all of the pictures that make
- a moving sequence.
- Close the drawing program and browser.
- Start GIF Animator .
- Import each of the images drawn in order.
- Export as a moving GIF file.
- Save the file.
- Open the GIF in the Internet browser to see it move.
- Software: Drawing program like PhotoImpact
- Paper / Printer
- Gif Animator software – www.jhepple.com/gif_animator.htm
Further ideas and comments