Appropriate for Grades: 6 up
Mobile phones are the latest fashion accessory. Have students measure an example phone, or their own, and design a sticker/skin to fit. It should express something about them, their interests and loves.
- Take a mobile phone and measure the main surfaces where a sticker could be attached.
- Record the measurements.
- Open a drawing program.
- Draw the outline of the sticker to scale to the measurements they took.
- Slowly build the complete layout for the sticker. This might include the keyboard too.
- When the outline is done, select all components and group them into one shape.
- Using a mixture of fonts, clipart/graphics and colors, build a design that could go onto the phone.
- Save and print a copy in color.
- Possibly print a copy onto clear sticker sheets which can be purchased from Office supplies store.
- Software: graphics / drawing software
- Paper / Printer
- Plastic sticker sheets
- Measuring tools
Further ideas and comments