Appropriate for Grades: 5 up
Produce an animated slideshow that shows how the moon moves around the earth. Include a written and verbal explanation.
- Start PowerPoint.
- Fill in the title slide.
- Insert a new slide and make it blank.
- Import clipart or pictures of the Moon, Earth and Sun.
- These could also be drawn using the Drawing tools.
- Click on the first object.
- Go to Slideshow menu then Custom animation.
- Click on Add effect: Motion Path: Draw custom path: Freeform.
- Using the pencil, draw the path that the object takes e.g. the
- moon moves around the Earth
- Insert a text box and add an explanation of the illustration.
- Using the microphone, record a verbal explanation and set it to
- play when clicked.
- Add new slides to show the way that the Earth moves around
- the Sun
- Insert buttons to click to move to the next slide.
- Complete and test the presentation.
- Software: PowerPoint
- Paper / Printer Microphone
Further ideas and comments