Appropriate for Grades: 3 up
In this lesson the students will produce a 1 page poster that contains their name, an acrostic poem and a collection of synonyms.
- Open a word processor .
- Type the heading ME.
- Leave a couple of lines space then type the first letter of a name.
- Press enter to go down to the next line and type the second letter .
- Repeat this process until all letters of the name have been typed.
- Using the arrow keys, move back up to next to the first letter
- and turn the name into an acrostic poem.
- Move back to the first letter / word again and press the spacebar then a dash then leave a space.
- Type 3 synonyms for each word in the acrostic.
- Save and print a copy.
- Software: word processor
- Printer, paper • clipart
Further ideas and comments
Students might like to change the colors of the writing and add clipart to their work.
￼￼￼￼￼Brave – strong, courageous, hardy Radical – wild, fun, unusual
Attentive – awake, aware, conscientious Deadly – harmful, homicidal, injurious