Appropriate for Grades: 1 up
Students will love this activity because they get the chance to mix and match animal parts to come up with a previously undiscovered creature for the class zoo.
- Open a drawing program like KidPix.
- Start a new drawing.
- Using the drawing tools, have the students design and draw a
- creature that combines parts of all different animals.
- They could have the head of a lion, eyes from a fly, legs from
- an emu, and the body of a crocodile.
- Choose the text tool and type the creatures name – “A
- Draw lines to each body part.
- Label the parts of the body and which animals they come from.
- Save and print a copy.
- Collect and place in a wall display laid out like a zoo.
- Software: KidPix, drawing program
- Paper / Printer
Further ideas and comments