Appropriate for Grades: 4 up
A haiku poem is a poem laid out in the following format: 1st line = 5 syllables, 2nd line = 7 syllables, 3rd line = 5 syllables. This is a good composing exercise if done straight into the computer. You will need an example to show the class.
- Start a word processor .
- Type the title “Haiku Poem”.
- Press the Enter key twice to leave a line space.
- Start the first line of the poem then press Enter to move to the
- next line.
- Repeat until all lines are complete.
- Do a spell check for typing mistakes.
- Save and print a copy.
- Software: word processor
Further ideas and comments